Saturday, December 13, 2008

amid the cold of winter

like jessi has said, it is a little hard to get in the christmas spirit around here. i think the problem lies in the fact that we are transplants, and this is the first christmas season we are experiencing down here in the valley of the sun. we talked just today, in fact, about how we will probably be bundled up in coats and scarves this time next year, or the year after that. but this year, things are not quite christmas-y yet (wishful thinking. and i don't love the snow, so let's hope it stays that way.) so, to get myself a little more excited, i made sugar cookies! those cookies are a tradition and it definitely wouldn't feel like christmas without them. so i attempted, and they turned out decent. (lately, i have been having fantasies about becoming a domestic goddess - sewing, cooking, decorating... all the fun stuff.)





i tried to be cool like bonny and the pioneer woman and take pictures, but i kept forgetting. so i ended up with one of the beginning, and one of the end. plus 2 in between (one of which jessi took, of me being a mess. it is unavoidable for me, i think.)



this is the amount of cookies we had after making half the dough. this recipe is the most delicious one alive, but it makes enough cookies to feed one million people. and i love them so much i have to restrain myself from scarfing down handfuls at a time, like the cookie monster. too bad i couldn't make jessi take any home. all of those bad boys were left here tempting me (cookie eater - reason #6?)

5 comments:

Bonny said...

Do you make homemade frosting? I can't find a good frosting recipe for my sugar cookies. So you should send me your recipe. Unless it's totally top secret... (I can totally keep secrets, BTW.)

Kara and Chant said...

They look awesome! I hear ya, it doesn't quite feel like Christmas without the snow. We don't have any either. Merry Christmas and happy cookie eating. I guess you could always take a plate of cookies to a cute guy you know!

Stephanie said...

Hey can you post that recipe on here. I am always looking for new cookie recipes. They look delicious

Lacking Productivity said...

They look deelish! I think I would be thrilled to spend Christmas in the sun. I'm confident that is the way it was intended to be, but the cold states did better PR during the Christmas season.

idieh.trebbyl said...

Sugar cookies are the bombin-est! I love you seester. You always make my day when I read your blogs :0