Sunday, May 10, 2009

all flowers remind me of you

mother's day in a singles ward can be pretty interesting - i never know what to expect. today was a good day, and it got a lot better when the whole elders quorum came into relief society and sang to us, and brought in enough candy bars for everyone to have two. they sang this song (click the link and sing along! i did...) and the last part seemed especially perfect to me:

"for if i love blossoms and meadows and walking, i learned how to love them, dear mother, from you."

i am grateful to all of the good examples of mothers in my life - my young women leaders, my friends (especially my best friend), my friend's moms, my grandmas, and most importantly my own beautiful and incredibly amazing mother. i have been influenced by their examples, and if i am ever a mother someday i hope i can be almost as good as they are. thanks, and i love you guys! happy mother's day!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

That was so sweet of the elders quorum. What good guys