Sunday, October 31, 2010

sometimes in our lives

october is just about over, and soon enough, it will be thanksgiving, and then christmas, and then my birthday (uuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh.) this time of year always makes me think about my family, and how awesome they are.

i was more especially thinking about them at church today and thought "family tribute post time?" i think yes. here it is:

mom - my mom is the coolest. she is so thoughtful, and patient. every time i call her and murmur about my life, she listens and tries so hard to help me. she doesn't even complain that all i do is call her and complain. she sends me treats and elephant things just because she knows i love them. and she doesn't even get mad when i throw pillows at her while she is sleeping, and then get the giggles.

dad - my dad is so funny. i think he and i share our sense of humor, which makes it fun to do just about anything with him, because we usually end up laughing at some point. my dad is so welcoming and inviting to everyone. he takes time to talk to people and get to know them, and is genuinely interested in them and their lives. and he gives some of the best advice i have ever heard (even when i don't want to hear it.)


ragan - my little (big) bro. ragan is a combination of the best parts of both of my parents. he loves to talk to people and always makes them feel special and loved. he is a spiritual giant, but not overbearing about it. he just does what he knows is right and isn't afraid to do it even when some people might think it's weird or crazy. he tries his best to be the best friend he can to everyone, and to not miss any important event in his friend's lives.

alex - another younger and bigger brother. alex is another fun lover. he knows how to have fun, even when it is just sitting around on the couch playing rock band or watching a movie. alex is always so willing to do whatever he can for anyone. he doesn't complain (too much :)) when you ask him to help you out, and he usually ends up making things more memorable and exciting when he joins in. he's another spiritual guy - serving the Lord in the cold depths of argentina (and tierra del fuego!)

michael - last younger and bigger brother. michael is one of a kind. last i heard he was helping ragan make moccasins out of an elk hide they got from someone. michael is one of the funniest people i know (or even that i don't know.) he invented the party roof. michael is a talker, but his listening skills are right up there too. he loves to help people and do what he can to make other's lives better. and he never takes the easy way out - always finishing what he starts and doing it right.


heidi - little baby sister. heidi is super super cool - i wish i was as cool as her. she loves people and makes things so enjoyable just by being around. she is super steezy, and loves to try new things no matter what anyone else thinks. she's like that with everything - doing things just because she is interested or curious and not minding what people might think of her. she is always willing to talk to me and finish my song lines when i text them to her.


i love my family, and these qualities about them. i am hoping i can keep these things in mind and become more like my crazy cool family members by emulating some of these qualities they have.


(i could go on and on and on - i have a pretty incredible extended family too. but i just wouldn't know where to stop, and this list could turn infinite...)

3 comments:

Ms. Lybbert said...

Thanks for the tribute doll face! You're just as awesome as you made all of us sound-keen what I mean? I was just thinking the same thing about Ragan the other day-great minds huh? Anyway, I think you're cool in so many ways-you're like a combination of all the cool parts of all your siblings-not afraid to try new things, intensly loyal, makes every day a party and doesn't care what other people think. You are TOTALLY awesome! I want to be just like you.
-tje Majah

idieh.trebbyl said...

You know what? We are freaking awesome. Must be in the blood or something :) Hey! You're cool! I keep saying "Listen" at the beginning of my stories, and no one gets it. No one get how our brains work. I guess they're just not cool enough. You're the best sister I could've asked for :)

Jenna Kae said...

Hey you guys are awesome! Thanks for being so awesome!