Monday, November 24, 2008

all theory, no action

i was just at target, and one of the workers called me ma'am. i hate it when people call me ma'am. i know it is polite in the south (and probably other places) but it makes me feel like this - (this old lady is pretty awesome, but she's still old...) the fact that i am panicking about turning 25 in a month and a half is probably not helping either. still, there has to be some other word or name for women who are over 12. i'm going to throw "miss" out there. i don't think anyone would be offended by it, and it would help all us old ladies feel better about ourselves.

2 comments:

Bonny said...

Well, don't tell me that 25 is old, because I'm almost there too!

I don't like to be called lady. Like when a mom tells their child to tell the nice LADY thanks... When did I stop being the nice girl and turn into nice lady? :(

Reid Family said...

Jenna you are awesome! Great picture by the way! I don't know why, but I am feeling weird about the 25 thing too.

Just call people hun. It works for the young and the old. Doesn't make anyone feel out of place. I for one will never be a ma'am!