Wednesday, July 21, 2010

different ways in the mind


something funny happened to me today. funny-hmmm, not really funny-haha.

i was standing in the bathroom at work, washing my hands, and suddenly i was sad. it kind of felt like someone had exploded an atomic bomb of sadness in my vicinity, and the sonic wave washed over me. i was sad for that one instant, and then it was gone.

i thought it was interesting, and tried to remember if there was a reason, or if maybe some depressed ghost had just walked through me. and i realized i had been just letting my mind wander, somewhat randomly. i must have found the area of my brain that contains all of my sad thoughts and accessed it instantly before i could stop myself - before my safety mechanism kicked in saying "wait wait, now is not the time or the place for that. put those away before you hurt yourself."

funny how our brains work, eh? i just thought all of that while washing my hands.

No comments: