Monday, September 6, 2010

cautious and safe

i read a calvin and hobbes one time where calvin wishes his life had a rewind/erase button. that's a feature i need in my life.

think about it - i could get back all that time spent watching lame movies or reading lame books or going on lame awkward dates.

but there is one area of my life where i would use a rewind/erase button the most - sometimes, i find myself saying/doing things while this inner monologue is taking place:

"what am i doing? what is going on? is that really coming out of my mouth? am i really being that annoying right now? seriously, why am i saying this? why isn't anyone stopping me or slapping me upside the head?"

and while i'm having that inward anxiety attack, the words/actions coming out just get worse and worse, because i'm concentrating on how lame i am being and not on trying to stop or make it better.

rewind/erase buttons - that's the way to go in the future.

2 comments:

my name is john said...

speaking of lame ---> maybe you should get a remote control like in 'CLICK'

Jenna Kae said...

exactly. wouldn't you love to get those 2 hours back?